Thursday, April 26, 2018

Applications invited to run 'Ujjawala homes'

 The Haryana government has invited applications from different organisations with experience in the field to run 'Ujjawala homes' to check trafficking of children and women and ensure their rescue as well as rehabilitation under the 'UJJAWALA' scheme.
          While stating this here today, a spokesman of Women and Child Development Department said that the ‘UJJAWALA’ scheme has been introduced for prevention of trafficking and rescue, rehabilitation and re-integration of victims of trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation. He said that applications have been invited from voluntary organisations, women’s development corporations, women’s development centres, Urban Local Bodies and reputed public and private trusts as well as Social Welfare and WCD departments of State government. Only those organisations should apply which have adequate experience in the fields of trafficking, social defence, dealing with women and children in need of care and protection and children in conflict with law.
          He said that to be eligible, the agency should be registered under law and must have a properly constituted Managing Body with its powers, duties and responsibilities clearly defined and laid down in its Constitution. The organisation must not work for the profit of any individual or body of individuals and should ordinarily have three years experience after its registration. The financial position of the organisation must be sound and it should have facilities, resources, experience and personnel to initiate the scheme for which assistance is sought.
          He said that to apply for the scheme, the organisation might submit the application in the prescribed form along with all requisite documents   to District Programme Officer, ICDS Cell, of the district concerned within a month.  The application would be forwarded   with the recommendation of the Deputy Commissioner of the district concerned to Director, Women and Child Development Department, who would further recommend the genuine and complete proposals with the recommendation of the State Government to the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development. Further details and application form may be downloaded from the website, he added.

No comments: